Using Off-Line Marketing To Promote Your Website
Most Internet Marketers seem to think of website promotion as just submitting to search engines, directories, link building and advertising in ezines or banner exchanges.
It is a known fact that most people in the world use most of their time off-line. They read newspapers, magazines, listen to radio and watch TV, talk with their friends, neighbors and family. Not all the time is spent surfing on the internet.
To ignore the value of off-line marketing is to leave 65-70% of the money to be made from your website on the table.
Some suggestions for creating an off-line advertising/publicity campaign are :
- Let your local papers know that you have an unique product that will benefit the local community and you are able to help them save time, learn more and be more effective in their daily lives. This could lead to an interview with a local reporter or even with a national with your website product as a featured item and will drive people to at least see what the buzz is about. At the very least it will create an awareness of your domain name or product in their sub-conscience mind.
- Find a a local business that is related to your product and offer them a discount voucher to give their customers for your product.
- Take out small ads in local or niche magazines to advertise the product. Some ads are relatively cheap comparable to a solo ad in a main ezine.
- Hand out flyers with a special offer in the high street or find shops that would allow you to leave them on the counter for customers to pick up.
- Send fax broadcasts to businesses that could benefit from your product. Some companies have lists of fax numbers and can send out the fax for a small investment.
- Investigate the possibility of sending out Press Releases to the local media. Send them your product for review.
- Get a well known celebrity to endorse your product.
I am sure you can think of many other ways to use off-line marketing, other than sticking notes on power poles to create an awareness of your site.
Want more ideas? Subscribe and get our report 5 Steps to an Effective Online Marketing System, and receive weekly updates from our blog too. 🙂